cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paladinlogic

We presently use Authorize.net with Iconic, our mobile ERP and point of sale solution for iOS.  As of October 2015, merchants are being required to support Chip and PIN to avoid new liabilities imposed by the major credit card companies (including VISA, which appears to own the company that provides the Authorize.Net service)  It would seem imperative that payment gateways allow for Chip and PIN transactions.  From everything I see--though I hope I am mistaken--Authorize.Net does not yet support Chip and PIN in its AIM interface (even for Card-Present transactions) despite its close ties with VISA.  All of the searching I have done through the forums and developer documentation have not produced any results.

We need to be able to develop our Chip and PIN solution now, well in advance of the October deadline.  Please implement this (if it does not already exist) and/or direct us to the documentation on how to pass ARQC (or equivalent cryptogram) data to the Authorize.Net payment gatway to support EMV/Chip and PIN transactions.

23 Comments
paladinlogic

A clarification:  we are using the card present integration, not AIM.  Thank you.

Status changed to: Accepted
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Please refer to our EMV FAQ for more details: http://www.authorize.net/support/emvfaqs

Richard

cpatag

As per the FAQ http://www.authorize.net/support/emvfaqs/#update, the documentationt to support EMV should be available by now. Where can I find it?

cpatag

Is there a guide for transitioning to EMV? We are currently using the Authorize.net API

Lucas
Just adding on. It seems that based on the newer version of the FAQ, new documentation is due to be released in June. Is it available yet? If not, what is the timeline?? Thanks, Lucas
Lucas
Just commenting again. Any update here? The documentation is long overdue.
flstodd

Our partner at Infinite Peripherals has instructed me that they are dead in the water integrating with Authorize.net using an EMV device.  They need documentation regarding sending EMV tag data.  This is exactly what they put in their email to me:

I haven’t received any new Authorize.Net documentation regarding sending EMV tag data to their processing servers for chip card processing.

Based on the messages in this chain, it does not appear to be good news in EMV with authorize.net.   Please respond either way.  If it is not going to happen by 10/1/15, I need to know this so I can plan.

Thanks

Wiko

Any update on the EMV documentation? will it be released in the near future? Would like to integrate  it before the October deadline.

Eclicktic55
Is there any update for the EMV documentation? Please advise. I need to plan how to make the changes on our software to integrate the EMV. Thanks!
Status changed to: Under Review
RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator