cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM: Holding a payment

Alright, I did as much searching as I could, I figure it would be better just to ask about my situation.

I have already developed a platform for endorsed marketing.  In other words, businesses use celebrities to market.

Because of the amounts that these payments may be, we have to accept the business' payment BEFORE we pay the celebrity.

Now, here's the catch.  Our merchant account was granted on the basis that we wait until the celebrity approves their endorsement before we charge the business.  So, to make it simple to understand, here is how our process has to be:

1.  Business selects endorsement type, goes to checkout

2.  Business checkouts with their payment information

3.  Internal filtering processes happen

4.  Business final approval

5.  Celebrity final approval

6.  BUSINESS CHARGED

7.  Celebrity paid

Now, the obvious glaring issue here, is that if the business is declined or has insufficient funds, the celebrity has already approved their endorsement and will expect to get paid.  In other words, our company would have to front that bill and hope to God the business comes through later.

So, after all this, my question becomes, is there a way at STEP 2 above that we can signal via AIM that we want to hold those funds until the celebrity can approve?  Since we can't charge via our merchant account agreement until after the celebrity agrees, we would have to hold a certain amount until we can finalize the sale.

Thanks in advance for responses, and I welcome any alternate methods I could be using as well.

Hurrdat_Timothy
Contributor
16 REPLIES 16

Alright, new question.

I have everything I need working on our onboarding site except one thing.

paysched.startDateSpecified =True

paysched.totalOccurrencesSpecified =False

paysched.trialOccurrencesSpecified =False

When I do the above in my recurring billing library on the payment schedule, and try to create a subscription it tells me that "the total occurences cannot be zero" and the "trial occurrences must be less than total occurences".

What I want to do, is have no trial, and indefinitely bill them on a recurring schedule until they go in and cancel.

What am I doing wrong here, or what can I do differently to make my preferred scenario work?

Thanks in advance for bailing me out again!

Hurrdat_Timothy
Contributor

Set the total occurrences to 9999 and set totalOccurrencesSpecified = true.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was the only way to do it.  Thanks again.  All that's left is our celebrity platform, then I can finally get out of your hair for a while :).

Although from the prior thread's responses I will hopefully be able to figure it out quickly.

I now have everything working on the celebrity platform except one little detail.

As mentioned at the very start of this thread, I have to do a prior authorization capture because of the way our payment model has to go.

I got this working relatively pain free with credt cards.

Now I'm trying to do the exact same thing using ECheck (we let them specify a bank account also, as an alternative to credit).  The authorization works great.  But when I go to capture later, it says the transaction was declined every time.  Is this a known problem with using test data, i.e., will it work if there was live data to capture from?

Here are my test capture code post values (assume the transaction ID is correct):

Dim post_values As New Dictionary(OfString, String)

' ADD POST VALUES

post_values.Add("x_login", LOGIN_NAME)

post_values.Add("x_tran_key", TRX_KEY)

post_values.Add("x_delim_data", "TRUE")

post_values.Add("x_delim_char", "|")

post_values.Add("x_relay_response", "FALSE")

post_values.Add("x_type", "PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE")

post_values.Add("x_method", "ECHECK")

post_values.Add("x_trans_id", "2173999242")

post_values.Add("x_amount", 150)

See anything wrong?  Thanks for the continued support!

Here is the complete response, if this helps.  I realize it has been declined, but I can't find a guide on this site that more specifically explains why:

-----------------------------------------------------

This transaction has been declined.

P

Prior Authorization Capture

ECHECK

prior_auth_capture

-----------------------------------------------------

That worked!  Give me another couple hours to finish up coding and I will at last mark this thread complete.

You guys rock.  Keep doing what you do.  It helps a ton having a community resource like this.