cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM Refund Issue

Hi All,

When submitting refund transaction through AIM method, when i pass full Credit Card number, test URL works fine. But when i pass last four digit or "XXXX"+Last four digits, transaction throws Invalid credit card number error code.

Whether i have to pass only last four digit, or like "XXXX"+Last four digit for live url. Please help.

Thanks

Chellam

chellam
15 REPLIES 15

Hi thanks ,

for the information i checked out the link you had given from that i found out that the confirmation code that i am saving is Purchase Order Number not transaction id , I needed one more help is there any way to know the transaction id using the Purchase Order Number or get all the transaction details with transaction ids

There are two way to get transaction details unfortunately it can't be search by PO number. Only by date/batch ID.

1)Transaction Details API. http://developer.authorize.net/api/transaction_details/

2)Download from the merchant account(csv). http://www.authorize.net/files/downloadguide.pdf

Thankyou very much.

Now when i was trying to run a test code for credit using the transaction id returned from the index 6.

I am getting the below error,

3|2|54|The referenced transaction does not meet the criteria for issuing a credit.||P|0|||1.00|CC|credit||||||||||||||||||||||||||1D4C879747D3191027569ABE311A79F4|||||||||||||XXXX0027|Visa||||||||||||||||

It probably mean it is not settled, which you can do a VOID.

Thankyou now it gives me transaction approved message when i changed the type from CREDIT - > VOID

Thanks a lot for your help...:): smileyhappy:

Are we able to test refunds on the sandbox?  I'm working with both CP and CNP test accounts, and either way when I try to submit a refund using either XXXX1234 or just 1234 for the card number I get an error that the card number is invalid.  If I use the full card number I get an approval back, but it seems like it's just doing a non-referenced credit as oppose to an actual refund..??

All of the transaction ID's on sales are just 0, of course, because that's all the sandbox gives me, so I'm curious if testing refunds using the 0 value just doesn't work..??