cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API and account type

when testing the api transaction details, "VISA" and "MASTERCARD" return fine when

i use getAccountType.    if a transaction is an "American express" or "DIscover" card , "UNKNOWN"

is returned.    is there some setting that needs to be changed in our account to allow "American express" or "DIscover" card to show here?

dancingfool65
5 REPLIES 5

Hi dancingfool65,

We were able to confirm that our API is properly returning Discover as a type. So there may be a bug if you're using one of the SDKs. Can you let us know which one you are using?

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

Hi  Michelle,

sorry for not being clear.    we use SIM in our web app.    and manually download the settlement information from the autherize.net web site.   we would like to automate the settlement part , so I am  trying to use anet-java-sdk-1.4.6.jar to retrieve transaction details.  it is when using anet-java-sdk-1.4.6.jar  that i receive "unknown" for Discover and American express transactions.  this happen  when using TransactionType.GET_TRANSACTION_LIST which returns a list of TransactionDetails objects.  this also happens with TransactionType.GET_UNSETTLED_TRANSACTION_LIST.

Thank you for your time.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark! I'll pass that info on to our developers.

Thanks,

Michelle

Hi,   any news on this from the developers?

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Not yet. When we do make the next round of updates, we will post an announcement in the News and Announcements board so that you'll know.

Thanks,

Michelle