cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARB: how would I know a subscription has expired?

I downloaded the C# ARB sample code and it works. I ran some tests using that code and I can see the test subscriptions in my Authorize.net terminal.

This is my scenario:

1. I want a monthly subscription.

2. In my ASP.Net app, I can use the sample code. User pays for July.

3. When user is paying, I get the result code back from Authorize.Net and the user enrolls.

4. Now, suppose we're in August. User logs in.

5. How can I check to see if this user's subscription is still valid and his credit card has been charged? Do I need to

query Authorize.Net on each login (call the API on each login??)

eramgarden
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Should be able to use ARBGetSubscriptionStatus to get the status. or the other option is thru the merchant account,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

No one? Do I need to setup an email functionality to send me emails when a subscription is declined?

eramgarden
Contributor

The Automated Recurring Billing system does not currently provide full reporting through the API. The ARB status call can tell you if a subscription is active or not, but this does not directly correlate to a subscription having successful payments. Currently, the only way to be certain of the status of a given subscription is manually reviewing the subscription status.

I can't use ARBGetSubscriptionStatus or Status (i believe that;s correct) to check the status of a Subscription ID related to a user? If not, what should I use, CIM?

If you can not use the ARBGetSubscriptionStatus, the other option will be to login to the merchant account and manually check the status of the subscription.

Sorry, I meant, can I use ARBGetSubscriptionStatus in my code to check for a user's subscription status? Is this doable? I've been reading different things on the forum.

Thanks for your help.

Should be able to use ARBGetSubscriptionStatus to get the status. or the other option is thru the merchant account,