cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVS and CCV error generating not working any more ?

Accroding to  http://developer.authorize.net/tools/errorgenerationguide/, 

we can set  zip=46205 or  ccv=901 to create failed requests. 

It worked fine for me before, but these days it doesn't work anymore. 

The requests all went through successfully. 

Testing Master Card number 54240000000060015 supposes to work too. But it now fails.

It is my problem or something wrong in the sandbox sever side ? 

Aug. 19, 2014

hsujj
6 REPLIES 6

Tried 5424000000000015, work, 901 or 46205 works too

getting the correct response on AVS and CVV

What do you mean failed request?

Unless you set to reject those response, it will be approved

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

OK the master card did work.

But the AVS and ccv feature still not come back. 

When I set

$auth = new AuthorizeNetAIM;

$auth->zip = '901'  ; 

or 

$auth->card_code    =   '46205' ;  

$response  = $auth->authorizeAndCapture();

echo "approved =".$response->approved."---<br>" ;                         //  1; 

echo "avs_response =".$response->avs_response."---<br>" ;              //  Y;   P  ;Z
echo "ccv  card_code_response =".$response->card_code_response."---<br>" ;       // M  ;   N: not match 

The responses are :

approved =1---

avs_response =N---
ccv card_code_response =N---

The "approved" returned shall be false since in sandbox account I use the following settings:

Address and ZIP Code Responses:

Decline    

x               N      No match

CCV: 

Decline

x               N      Does NOT Match

But why is the transaction still approved  ?

It was working fine a few days ago.

We're aware of an issue affecting some developers using the error generation guide.  We have reported this to the operations team and they are looking into it.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

Has there even been any resolution to this?

I am using AIM from Java and setting the CardCode to 901 and the CC Approval is going through.

The test APIs on the Developer site do return an error with CardCode 901 so I am pretty sure the account is setup correctly and the Zip Codes for the AWS errors are working correctly.

Here is the basic logic I am using:

Merchant merchant = Merchant.createMerchant(Environment.SANDBOX, "xxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxx");		merchant.setMarketType(net.authorize.MarketType.RETAIL);		merchant.setDeviceType(net.authorize.DeviceType.WEBSITE);		

CreditCard creditCard = CreditCard.createCreditCard();		creditCard.setCreditCardNumber("5424000000000015 ");		creditCard.setExpirationMonth("12");		
creditCard.setExpirationYear("2015"); creditCard.setCardCode("901"); Transaction refTransaction = merchant.createAIMTransaction(TransactionType.AUTH_CAPTURE, new BigDecimal(1.98)); refTransaction.setCreditCard(creditCard); Result<Transaction> refResult = (Result<Transaction>) merchant.postTransaction(refTransaction);
System.out.println(refResult.getResponseReasonCodes().get(0) + " : " + refResult.getResponseReasonCodes().get(0).getReasonText());

Thanks,

Brad

Hello @bkruns 

Please contact developer support using the link below to request help with your issue. Include the API Login for your sandbox account.

http://developer.authorize.net/support

Richard

Hi Brad,

I see that this is a retail transaction. Card Code (or CVV2) should not be collected or submitted for Card Present (CP)  transactions. The closest equivalent for CP transactions is CVV1, which is a part of the track data. This is why it's important to send the complete track data for CP transactions.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator