cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVS checks - don't seem to work

Hi there,

I'm using the AIM method , sending requests from code. The problem is that it doesn't seem to use the AVS checks.

I enabled N,A,Z,W checks and the transaction still goes through.

If I enable Y - then the transaction fails.

Any idea why it's not checking the address ? I'm testing with a bogus card + bogus address and zip on the test server.

kislukacle
2 REPLIES 2

From the control panel:

The Address Verification Service (AVS) is a tool designed by bankcard processors to assist in identifying potentially fraudulent credit card transactions. For every credit card authorization, AVS compares the billing address and ZIP code provided by the customer at the time of purchase, to the address and ZIP code on file at the card issuing bank. AVS then returns a response code indicating the results of the comparison.

Since AVS is processed on the merchant end of things, not Authorize.net, it's not going to work properly without a real credit card transaction. You aren't going to get that with a developer account. Just one of those things you'll have to test live if you want a "real" response, though Raynor's link should certainly come in useful for simulations.

TJPride
Expert