cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accept ACH Payments - RUBY

Hi,

I am building an application which will be used to receive payments from our customers, instead of having them send us a check or transfering the money to our account.

Some customers will have recurring montly charges.  Others will make payments whenever they "checkout" and are done with their purchase.

Is there an example or tutorial which uses the Ruby API for ACH Transactions?
Something which shows how to do verification, that the person actually owns the account.

- Either by using their social security number and then asking questions like "Which street did you live on?"
 - Or by depositing a few cents into their account, and allowing them to type in the amount.

Any other advice for me?

Thanks,
Adam Hyman

adamhyman
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That is a SDKs and Sample applications in Ruby

Something which shows how to do verification, that the person actually owns the account. - Either by using their social security number and then asking questions like "Which street did you live on?"

Not that I know of, it like writing a check, you can ask for it, but there isn't any way to verify it.

- Or by depositing a few cents into their account, and allowing them to type in the amount.

Sure you can do that. But remember, it might take a few day for it to show up on their account.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
3 REPLIES 3

That is a SDKs and Sample applications in Ruby

Something which shows how to do verification, that the person actually owns the account. - Either by using their social security number and then asking questions like "Which street did you live on?"

Not that I know of, it like writing a check, you can ask for it, but there isn't any way to verify it.

Sure you can do that. But remember, it might take a few day for it to show up on their account.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you RaynorC1emen7 for the help.

The system will be used for tenents to pay their rent.
E-Checks only, no credit cards.

I have a few more questions:

Will the Ruby API allow me to accept payments with "WEB Authorization" (defined on page 19, here:  http://www.authorize.net/files/echecknetuserguide.pdf)?

Should I use AIM, DPM or SIM?

Can I go through Authorize.net directly, or do I need to go through a reseller?

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Adam

Will the Ruby API allow me to accept payments with "WEB Authorization" (defined on page 19, here:  http://www.authorize.net/files/echecknetuserguide.pdf)?

Not sure, since I'm not a Ruby developer, maybe someone can answer that. But would expect it will allow WEB authorization.

Should I use AIM, DPM or SIM?

This should help you.  Compare E-Commerce APIs

Can I go through Authorize.net directly, or do I need to go through a reseller?

Either way will work. sign up Authorize.net or reseller

Anything else I should be aware of?

I would recommend that you get a test account and test it out. The only thing is that on the test account I think is max out at $100 or it will get declined. To get a higher amount, contact developer@authorize.net