cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Host Payment form

Hosted in an iframe

The users can press Pay and then if they immediately press Cancel the transaction still goes through on Auth.net users think the transaction has been cancelled and this is ending up with users submitting the payment again.

How do I deal with this scenario?

Thanks

Ray

RayRichard
4 REPLIES 4

I have the following suggestions for the above scenario.

Option1:

When the users are navigated to the final payment page, hide the cancel button. Have only Pay option enabled, so that you dont need to deal with the cancel option in the final order.

Option2: When end-users click the "Pay" option, disable the cancel button, so that they are not allowed to cancel while they clicked pay.

For both the above scenarios,  If end-users change mind after paying, they can cancel order by seperate flow from their orders list.

-Bhavana

bhav
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

Thank you so much for the reply.

according to this document https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept_hosted.html  i dont see an option for hiding or disabling the cancel button on the form.

Please explain if i am missing something...

Regards

Ray

Ray, I assumed that we have option to show= true/false as shipping address options. I have Investigated further  and came to know that we have option to only change the text of the Pay button. There is no exposure of the control  of the pay and cancel buttons. I am sorry that there is no other option to control cancel button from your end. 

But, i have added feature request in ideas forum. Feel free to add any additional info to this post  

-Bhavana

bhav
Authorize.Net Expert Authorize.Net Expert
Authorize.Net Expert

Bhavana,

Thank you for the reply.

Just to clarify, we have seen and been able to replicate that a person can click the pay button and then immediately click the cancel button and the only response we receive thru the IFrameCommunicator is that they cancelled. When we look in our sandbox account, as well as our clients authorize.net account, we can actually see that the transaction has been captured/pending settlement.

I would have thought that the customer clicking cancel at any point in the process, would rollback the transaction on the authorize.net end and then result in a cancel response being sent back to the IFrameCommunicator .....

I have invested time in developing my business process based on this document https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/features/accept_hosted.html

I just want to make absolutely sure that before I re-write my process that I am not overlooking any possible solution to this issue and that the issue i  am seeing is a known issue to Authorize.Net.

Again, Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Regards

Ray