cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddMerchantValue() Question

I can't find any concrete documentation on the SDK method AddMerchantValue(). Is this used to add merchant-defined fields and values to a transaction? Can this be called multiple time to add addition values? Are there any restrictions to the key or value arguments?

Thanks,

Bruce

bettgroup2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
I would guess so. Yes, you can add multiple custom fields. The documentation doesn't describe what field names can contain, but you're probably fine if you stick to alphanumeric. For values:

"Merchant-defined data fields are not intended to and must not be used to capture personally identifying information. Accordingly, the merchant is prohibited from capturing, obtaining, and/or transmitting any personally identifying information in or by means of the merchant-defined data fields. Personally identifying information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, credit card number, social security number, driver's license number, state- issued identification number, passport number, and card verification numbers (CVV, CVC2, CVV2, CID, CVN). If Authorize.Net discovers that the merchant is capturing and/or transmitting personally identifying information by means of the merchant-defined data fields, whether or not intentionally, CyberSource will immediately suspend the merchant's account, which will result in a rejection of any and all transaction requests submitted by the merchant after the point of suspension."

What type of data are you trying to pass?

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
2 REPLIES 2
I would guess so. Yes, you can add multiple custom fields. The documentation doesn't describe what field names can contain, but you're probably fine if you stick to alphanumeric. For values:

"Merchant-defined data fields are not intended to and must not be used to capture personally identifying information. Accordingly, the merchant is prohibited from capturing, obtaining, and/or transmitting any personally identifying information in or by means of the merchant-defined data fields. Personally identifying information includes, but is not limited to, name, address, credit card number, social security number, driver's license number, state- issued identification number, passport number, and card verification numbers (CVV, CVC2, CVV2, CID, CVN). If Authorize.Net discovers that the merchant is capturing and/or transmitting personally identifying information by means of the merchant-defined data fields, whether or not intentionally, CyberSource will immediately suspend the merchant's account, which will result in a rejection of any and all transaction requests submitted by the merchant after the point of suspension."

What type of data are you trying to pass?
TJPride
Expert

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm just trying to learn the system at this stage.

I marked your response the solution and gave kudos.

Thanks again,

Bruce