cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best API for Recurring Payment

I need to know what is the best API for someone with minimum coding knowledge, does not want to host the credit care information on our server, needs to have auto recurring payment capability and don't want the customer to leave the website. If is for a membership type business with monthly charges.  From my research it sounds like DPM is the easier to code but how do I integrate the auto monthly charges?  Will I be able to just make the recurring charge via ARB or CIM in the control panel if using DPM API?  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

man6812
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to create a recurring billing from any transaction that goes through successfully. Just look for settled transactions, click on the linked transaction ID, then there's a link in the upper right for "Create ARB Subscription from Transaction"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you have a low volume of transactions, it would probably be sufficient to use DPM for the first transaction and then manually set up the recurring billing from your control panel.

If you have a higher volume of transactions and/or don't want to spend time to manually set up recurring billing, you'll need to use either AIM + ARB, or CIM. The former is much harder to pass the security requirements with, since credit card data passes through your server, and in my opinion is harder to deal with overall. CIM / hosted CIM is probably the way to go.

TJPride
Expert

How do I set up the recurring billing from control panel if using DPM?  Do I need to have the customer cc info and enter it manually? or DPM will save the info for me to create payment with ARB? 

You should be able to create a recurring billing from any transaction that goes through successfully. Just look for settled transactions, click on the linked transaction ID, then there's a link in the upper right for "Create ARB Subscription from Transaction"