flycast

Best practice - charitable donations where user sets amount

Using SIM

LAMP server

The test SIM code worked fine.

I am setting up a replacement donate page for a client where the original page used PayPal. They had two types of donations - recurring and one time. The current PayPal page has an text field that collects a donation amount and then sends that info to PayPal.

It looks to me like I have to build the verification hash before serving the page. Because of this I need to set a predefined donation amount before serving the new donation page to the user.

What are my options for having the user enter the amount of the donation on the donate page using SIM?

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 37
Solutions: 126

Re: Best practice - charitable donations where user sets amount

There are lots of examples in this forum if you search for it. This thread has one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.