cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Transaction Type - Not in the API

Hello everyone,

I am testing with the Address Validation Service. I am purposely having it fail validation under the setting 'Authorize and Hold For Review'. The response code returns a 4, the response reason code returns a 253, but the transaction type (x_type) returns a blank. Originally I sent a transaction type of AUTH_CAPTURE to the payment form.

My question, why is the transaction type returning a blank when there is no blank as a return value in the API?

x_type
Value: The type of credit card transaction
Format: AUTH_CAPTURE, AUTH_ONLY, CREDIT, PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE, VOID

We log the transaction type in our database on the outgoing and the incoming. But if AuthorizeNet returns a blank , we don't know what to do with this. Is this blank going to be returned in other error cases as well? Or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Matt

lightwave365
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Matt,

Technically, it is not currently returned because the transaction has no type until after a manual review. After the review it can become either authorized or declined. I will send this to our internal developers as a feature request  to echo back the submitted value.

Thanks,
Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 REPLY 1

Hi Matt,

Technically, it is not currently returned because the transaction has no type until after a manual review. After the review it can become either authorized or declined. I will send this to our internal developers as a feature request  to echo back the submitted value.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator