cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank response from Authorize.Net callback

I have an ASPX-based web site that is using the SIM method of interacting with Authorize.Net (gathering info, launching the Authorize.Net payment page, and then getting a callback with the result of the transaction).

My problem is that the there are no query parameters retuned in the callback reponse (e.g. "x_response_code", "x_response_reason_text", etc) so I don't know if the transaction succeeded or failed.

This used to work when the system was in test mode, but I have not gotten this to work after going into production mode.

Why?

rbsorensen7456
Contributor
17 REPLIES 17

So it getting to the relay response page but no values?

When you said test mode, did you mean test account? and now you using a production account?

Are you using the SDKs or your own coding?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Yes, a message is reaching the relay response page.

The first thing I do on the relay response page is log the incoming query strings and html page contents.  Both of these are totally blank.

This was working at one point under a test account, but now that it is running in production, the result is blank.

I'm not sure what SDKs you are referring to, but the site is my code

relay response don't use query string, it a form post to your relay reponse url.

@rbsorensen7456, by "html page contents" I presume you mean the HTTP body that follows the initial headers, correct?

You can verify that we're sending Relay Response data by using our Data Validation URL:

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/

In Production, for Relay Response connections, we recently enabled TLS 1.1 and 1.2, but have not yet disabled TLS 1.0--so as long as your server accepts some flavor of TLS you should be able to receive Relay Response data from us.

It might be helpful if you used Microsoft Network Monitor or Wireshark to analyze your network traffic when receiving a Relay Response connection from us.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.

Yes, I am referring to the html message that you send to the callback URL, which, of course, is a page in the web site.

I have tried to get Wireshark or some other protocol analysis tool installed, but in this case the message goes directly to the web site and not to the user's browser.  Therefore the tool needs to be installed on the hosting web server machine in order to trap the callback message.  This site is being hosted on GoDaddy on their shared servers, and they do not allow any software to be installed.  Furthermore, I would not be allowed any RDP-type access to their server to configure and run the tool, and examine the results.

So this needs to be analysed from the Authorize.net side.  Authorize.net is sending the message, so you should have tools available to examine what you are sending.

I looked at your data validation tool from the link you sent, but I am not sure how to implement it.  What specifically do I add or change in the configuration?

I looked at your data validation tool from the link you sent, but I am not sure how to implement it.  What specifically do I add or change in the configuration?

Change the relay response url to that

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/

to see if the response is blank

I tried setting the relay response url to the value in the instruction page...

https://developer.authorize.net/tools/paramdump/index.php

But I get the error, "The URL is invalid" when I click the Submit button.

Add it to the valid relay response url on the merchant account

OK, I did that and ran thorough another transaction, but nothing else was shown in the browser window,

Is there a log page within the account where these results can be viewed?