cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM Q>>How To Charge Existing Profile Without CCV #?

Hey,

What do we do with the CVV value of a customer whose profile we create through CIM? I save their profile Id's and , when I hard code a CVV #, the sale goes through using that payment profile. If I do not (I do not store it) I get an error regarding Cardcode.

How do we get a sale with CIM to work if we do not store CCV #'s?

Thanks.

PS Here is the code I use.

$cim = new AuthnetCIM('secret', 'code', AuthnetCIM::USE_DEVELOPMENT_SERVER);

$ccv2Number="962"; // HARD CODED FOR FORCING AN APPROVAL ON TEST

// Process the transaction
    $cim->setParameter('amount', $purchase_amount);
    $cim->setParameter('customerProfileId', $profile_id);
    $cim->setParameter('customerPaymentProfileId', $payment_profile_id);
    $cim->setParameter('customerShippingAddressId', $shipping_profile_id);
 $cim->setParameter('cardCode', $ccv2Number);
    $cim->setLineItem('12', 'test item', 'it lets you test stuff', '1', '1.00');

jbh1977
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

Ah, being in test authorize.net account (which I use to test he api/build the platform) might be the issue. I wanted to edit the top thread but ran out of time.

So, when this is LIVE and I use a LIVE account, since I do pass the CCV # when *creating* profiles, will that eliminate the 'cardCode' errors when I try to bill that user by using CIM? Since I do not want to store that value and they won't be entering it again as it's all about billing based on their profile's billing info/payment info, I just want to make sure this error won't appear when we are live once I pass it properly when creating their payment profiles.

Thanks.

jbh1977
Contributor

Hey there,

If you have your payment form settings set to require CCV with each transaction, then you will see an error anytime you don't provide a CCV code. For what you want to do, you'll want to make sure that you don't have CCV required in your settings. Then you can still submit it the one time when creating profiles, but it won't be stored anywhere and you won't have any subsequent errors when you try to use that profile for a transaction.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

If I make sure that I require CCV in my settings, then what is the method to supply CCV?
while creating customer profile? or while doing transaction? 

If I send CCV while creating customer profile then would it be required again while doing transaction?

Or the same question is "then CCV code invalid" error will disappear?

Thanks In advance

First of all, you do not need to do multiple post on the same questions.

If you set CCV as required, you will need it for the transaction.

On creating customer profile, if you set it as livemode than it required, testmode CCV not required.

If you don't want to ask the customer for CCV for transaction later. don't set it as required.