cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CVV and x_card_code

I am using the DPM method for proccessing payements via Authorize.net, everything is working fine other than the CVV field, in out merchant terminal we have it set to decline transactions if the number does not match with the card company (Does NOT Match (N)). I am also sending it a field x_card_code.

However after numerous conversations with authorize they say they are not recieving the field?

<form id='cardpayment' method='post' action='https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll' >

<input type='hidden' name='x_login' value='<?=$loginID?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_amount' value='<?=$amount?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_description' value='<?=$description?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_invoice_num' value='<?=$order_id?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_sequence' value='<?=$sequence?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_timestamp' value='<?=$timeStamp?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_fp_hash' value='<?=$fingerprint?>' />
            <input type='hidden' name='x_test_request' value='FALSE' />
            <!-- <input type='hidden' name='x_show_form' value='PAYMENT_FORM' /> -->

<label for="card_num">Card Number</label>
            <input type="text" name='x_card_num' value='' id='card_num'>

<label for="expiry">Expiry Date</label>
            <input type="text" name='x_exp_date' placeholder='mm/dd' id='expiry'>

<label for="cvv">Security Code (CVV)</label>
            <input type="text" name="x_card_code" placeholder="CVV" id='cvv'>

<input type="hidden" name="x_first_name" value='<?=$basket['billing_f_name']?>'>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_last_name" value='<?=$basket['billing_s_name']?>'>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_address" value="<?=$basket['billing_address_1'].' '.$basket['billing_address_2']?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_city" value="<?=$basket['billing_towncity']?>">
            <? if($basket['billing_country_id'] == 237){?>
                <input type="hidden" name="x_state" value="<?=state($basket['billing_state_id'])?>">
            <? }else{ ?>
                <input type="hidden" name="x_state" value="<?=$basket['billing_county']?>">
            <? } ?>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_zip" value="<?=$basket['shipping_postcode']?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_country" value="<?=country($basket['shipping_country_id'])?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_phone" value="<?=country($basket['telephone'])?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_cust_id" value="<?=$_user['id']?>">

<input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_first_name" value='<?=$basket['shipping_f_name']?>'>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_last_name" value='<?=$basket['shipping_s_name']?>'>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_address" value="<?=$basket['shipping_address_1'].' '.$basket['shipping_address_2']?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_city" value="<?=$basket['shipping_towncity']?>">
            <? if($basket['shipping_country_id'] == 237){?>
                <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_state" value="<?=state($basket['shipping_state_id'])?>">
            <? }else{ ?>
                <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_state" value="<?=$basket['shipping_county']?>">
            <? } ?>
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_zip" value="<?=$basket['shipping_postcode']?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_country" value="<?=country($basket['shipping_country_id'])?>">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_ship_to_phone" value="<?=country($basket['telephone'])?>">

<input type="hidden" name="x_relay_response" value="TRUE">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_relay_always" value="TRUE">
            <input type="hidden" name="x_relay_url" value="https://www.mywebsite.com/cardpaymentresponse.php">           

<input type='submit' class='btn-red' value='Pay Now' />
        </form>

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Tom

tomvance1
Contributor
18 REPLIES 18

If this is for production, I would recommend contacting customer support.  They have access to additional tools and information to help troubleshoot the issue.

Richard

I have done, and they reffered me to here, i don't want to get stuck in a loop. 

Is the CVV filed set as a required field in the merchant account?

under account - settings - payment form - form fields

As we are using DPM i have a custom form, so making it required wouldn't change anything?  

If it is set to required, the form post would fail with a message of required fields not pass. While you at it make sure it the edit checkbox is check, too.

Hi,

I'm still expereincing this issue, i have had numerous conversations with Autherize directly. The lastest i heard from them is that the CVV field is appearing at the bottom of the receipt with a question mark: 

x_card_code? : 111

They said this shouldn't be happening and could be the problem as it's identfying as a merchant defiened field, any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

When you did

temporary change the form post location to http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/

does it have the ? at the end of it?

No it doesn't have the ? at the end of it, only on the receipt. 

Don't know what else, and as far as I know, if any values that look like CVV code, authorize.net suppose to masked that even for merchant defineds fields.

did you check the settings?

under account - settings - payment form - form fields

And try delete the <input/> line and just type a new one in just making sure