cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use "testMode" validationMode on live gateway?

I think the confusion might be in the wording, but I wanted to verify to be sure. We have an implementation in which many of the $0.01 validation charges return with "transaction declined", when the cards are in fact perfectly fine.

As per the Authorize.net PDF:

testMode—Performs field validation only. All fields are validated. However, fields with
unrestricted field definitions (such as telephone number) do not generate errors.
If you select testMode, a $1.00 test transaction is submitted using the Luhn MOD 10
algorithm to verify that the credit card number is in a valid format. This test transaction
does not appear on the customer's credit card statement, but it will generate and send
a transaction receipt email to the merchant.

Using this seems to resolve our issue, but even though we're using the live gateway, the transaction receipt that's being sent contains: "************* TEST MODE *************", which is something we had only previously seen when actually using the test gateway.

We're getting back the profile id's as expected, I just wanted to verify there was nothing wrong with this implementation and you could in fact use "testMode" validation on the live gateway. 

conrad10781
1 REPLY 1

Yes, it fine, it just telling you that you are running the validation in test mode.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert