cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot submit requests on production server (cert issue?)

On my dev machine, if I open a browser and navigate to https://secure.authorize.net/, it opens up fine.  However on the production server, the browser says the security certificate is invalid.(says certificate presented is not issued by a trusted certificate authority)

I am assuming this is the reason I cannot submit requests using the AuthorizeNet.dll assembly from the production server. (I can submit requests from my development computer)

Any idea why this would occur?

On my development machine, everything works correctly.  But when deployed to production, it fails to submitt the request to Authorize.net, with the following error:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Inner Exception: The handshake failed due to unexpected packet format.

My Setup:

SSL site that displays a form to gather card information. (asp.net / C#)

On submit, web server passes info to WCF service (behind firewall, C#)

WCF service creates and sends AuthorizationRequest using AuthorizeNet.dll assembly. (C#)

Thanks,

Justin

JustinLee
4 REPLIES 4

However on the production server, the browser says the security certificate is invalid.(says certificate presented is not issued by a trusted certificate authority)

If you getting that on a browser to https://secure.authorize.net, that would be the problem.

It the server date/time correct? What the OS? It windows update current? Did it said who issued the certificate?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Date/time is correct on the server.

Windows Server 2008

Windows updates are current.

If I bypass the warning (in the browser), I can view the certificate. It says it was issued by: "Microsoft Forefront TMG HTTPS Inspection Certification Authority".  Valid from 3/23/2011 to 9/6/2012

Look like something about the ForeFront TMG not allowing the cert from authorize.net or that ForeFront need to be updated.  And that is above my paygrade.

:)

Yeah, as I typed up the response, I realized that it was saying ForeFront TMG was the issuer.  It will either be adding TMG as a trusted authority on the web server (if that's even possible), or modifing TMG so it doesn't do what its doing.   I'll talk to our network guy to see how to proceed.

Thanks for you help.