cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining ARB and AIM

I am using ARB to setup monthly recurring payment for my users and I am also using the AIM API to Auth/Capture the first month's amount. This way I am able to get the first payment without waiting for the ARB to process the first transaction. My Question is:

Is the above mentioned method the only way to do it? or are there any alternatives.
Since I make the AUTH/CAPT first and if it succeds then I create an ARB. If ARB creation fails for any reason how do procced. Should I VOID or CANCEL the Auth/Capture request? Or should I create an AUTH capture first, then create the ARB and then do a CAPTURE?
What is the best practice/method to accoplish this?

obaid
1 REPLY 1

My Question is:Is the above mentioned method the only way to do it? or are there any alternatives.

You could do your own schedule job with CC info from CIM.

Since I make the AUTH/CAPT first and if it succeds then I create an ARB. If ARB creation fails for any reason how do procced. Should I VOID or CANCEL the Auth/Capture request? Or should I create an AUTH capture first, then create the ARB and then do a CAPTURE?

Either way, you should VOID it. as even a auth_only will put a hold on the customer credit card.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert