cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction Stack Overflow ValidatePayment Profile

Hi,

In the last C# SDK version 1.5, when we are trying to validate a payment profile without shipping address, sending Profile ID, Payment Profile ID and mode, a Stack overflo exception has beeen obtained.

thats happen cause in the authorize.net sdk have the following problem:

public string ValidateProfile(string profileIDstring paymentProfileIDServiceMode mode) {

return ValidateProfile(profileIDpaymentProfileIDstring.Emptymode);

}

as you see this method is calling to itself.  

Easy fix:

public string ValidateProfile(string profileIDstring paymentProfileIDServiceMode mode) {

return ValidateProfile(profileIDpaymentProfileIDstring.Emptymode);

}

Best regards.

Edisonsan8
4 REPLIES 4

We just encountered this same problem!

Furthermore, the ServiceMode parameter shouldn't even be part of the method signature.  Not only is it not being used, but the ServiceMode is already passed into the CustomerGateway constructor.  

I can't believe how poor the quality of this SDK is.  Unbelievable!!

Location3

+1.

I feel your pain.

I'm not sure when the last version of the sdk is uploaded but the first post is 5 months old...

I will have to advice our clients not to use authorize.net untill a better version of the SDK is released.

Seriously guys - hire a QA!

I just downloaded the most recent version of the SDK (1.6) and was shocked to find that this bug was still not resolved.  This post was almost 8 months ago.  This is programming 101 kinda stuff.  I think Michelle is just giving us all lip service when she says our feedback is being used to fix things.  Shoot, I'm probably wasting my time even writing this... 

Location3

Version 1.7 is now available and should resolve the issues with the shipping address requirement for ValidateProfile.  Additionally, "ServiceMode" in the method signature has been corrected to "ValidationMode".