cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPM allowable merchant-defined field values

I'm using sessions with DPM in test mode.  I want to know whether a card was accepted or rejected for a given session.

DPM's relay response usually starts a new session.  To correlate the response to the original session, I put a hash of my

session ID in a merchant-defined field called "my_session_id".  One example of a hashed session id is:

"cfaebe70125a6e64990f15b9b7739d22a1e9f2f1".  Unfortunately, AN converts that hash to an asterisk when

the transaction fails.  It doesn't alter it when the transaction succeeds.  Obviously, I can't correlate to the original session

if AN changes it.

Reading other posts, AN will convert certain merchant-field contents to an asterisk if it looks like unallowable data (credit

card number, etc.)  I wonder if a hash falls into that category.  I considered changing the merchant-defined field value to a
date appended with a 5- or 6-digit number, but before I spend the time coding it up, I want to make sure it will work.  I'd

like to know:

1. What is a sure-fire format for a session ID that AN will always allow and never convert to an asterisk?

Thanks,
Charles

charless
1 REPLY 1

Hello

I've reported your question to the integration team, but do not yet have an answer.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator