kopmanis88
Accepted Solution

DPM method + PHP: script timeout errors

Earlier this week, I'd achieved success in getting the DPM method to work correctly with Authorize.Net's test site.  Yesterday,

things stopped working, and I'm getting the following error:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I don't do any re-directing of URLs in the process.php script that's 99% the same as the sample code script; it only specifies

the Thank You script in the designated place, but never gets to the Thank You script.  As the message indicates, everything

seems to be processed ok but the customer will never see the Transaction ID to pick up their merchandise.  I'm running

on port 80, as the directions seem to indicate that this is required...or at least a *public* site...everything's out in the open

now, so I'm a little confused as to what's wrong.  http://volunteer.kopmanis.com/ypsipride/tshirt/ is the URL if you'd like to

test and see for yourself (its all test mode, test account now, so feel free to run through it).

I guess I'm mostly curious what I should do next...because the code hasn't changed since Tuesday night, and it was

working then, and yesterday it started generating these errors.

Help!

-Jeff. :smileyhappy:

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 126

Re: DPM method + PHP: script timeout errors

This error is either caused by the script having an error and not generating a 200 HTTP response ot taking too long to respond to the request. Check your error logs for any possible errors that may have been recorded, If you don't find any try pulling up the page directly and see what happens. If there is no error then simulate a post submission to it and see what happens. If it still works then it may a server issue and you need to have your host investigate it for you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.
kopmanis88

The saga continues...

[Fri Apr 15 19:47:06 2011] [error] [client 66.185.185.5] PHP Fatal error: 

Cannot access empty property in

/var/www/volunteer/ypsipride/anet_php_sdk/lib/AuthorizeNetSIM.php on line 37

This is in a section of code that is looking through the $_POST array, and occurs on the line where $this->$name is set,

ut in this case, I'm guessing that $name is set to something that $this->$name doesn't exist.  I've verified that I've sent

complete $_POST arrays with FirePHP.

So yes, the script is failing, which causes the problem, but I'm at a loss why, since I've done only one thing out of the ordinary,

and that's to add x_yp_orderid to the list of $_POST variables.  Authorize.Net handles it and even reported it back in my

email transaction records.

kopmanis88

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/DPM-can-t-use-custom-image-as-su...

The solution is outlined in the above.  There is a BUG in Authorize.Net if you use DPM with an image button.

My code now works as it did on Tuesday.

kopmanis88

This icon bug is fixed (there are other nifty bugs to solve next).