cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DPM timeout issue

I am having a new timeout issue as of this morning. Our code hasn't changed for the relay response handler, based on the ASP example. It has been running and able to be contacted by Authorize.net's machine to post the transaction response, working 100% perfectly (http and https) until this morning. I'm discussing the possibility of a firewall issue with our network engineer, but it's unlikely as the last change made to the firewall was yesterday morning, and it was working afterwards. Our SSL certificate is valid, as well.

On approval or decline, I get the default error message (An error has occurred...This transaction was approved/declined...), after a long delay. My response handler code is very short and always completes in <1 sec, and has not been giving us issues; it immediately redirects (using the AuthorizeNetHelper.dll redirector which puts the Javascript & HTML code snippet out).

But this morning, I get the error, and my response handler's log shows that it was never reached (I have a logging step at the beginning of the page load to verify this). I would suspect firewall, but our network engineer insists nothing changed since yesterday morning, and it was working after that change.

Any other possible transient problems?

4 REPLIES 4

We fixed it. We were doing a 301 redirect for non-www addresses, which changed the IP address of the relay response handler to a godaddy address instead of our company's, which apparently caused Authorize.net to not go to my relay response handler. We turned that off, and it works again. Any ideas on how to do such a simple thing without tripping up Authroize.net's relay responder?

Since you are doing the redirect, What your relay response URL setting?

So, your is a www.something.com.

When you said "We were doing a 301 redirect for non-www addresses"

Did you mean the request from a non-www address? "referer"?

or  maybe they are testing "User-Agent" from the request. which is blank from the relay response.