cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description field data not showing up

Using AIM, I've tried the test code, I've tried my own stripped down code. Here is one my trials using the SDK:

AuthorizeNet.Gateway gate = new AuthorizeNet.Gateway("***", "***", false);
AuthorizeNet.AuthorizationRequest req = new AuthorizeNet.AuthorizationRequest("***", "******", 0.01m, "TEST", true);   
// req.Description properly contains value
AuthorizeNet.GatewayResponse resp = (AuthorizeNet.GatewayResponse)gate.Send(req);

// resp.Description properly contains value

The description data (i.e. "TEST") is not showing up in the gateway response nor in the  transaction reports.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

ooshwa
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, my last comment in the code should had said:

// resp.Description DOES NOT contain value

ooshwa

It looks like this may be an oversight in the current version of the SDK.  The AuthorizationRequest construct does allow you to submit a description, but it is actually overwritten by the gateway.send method.  In order to send a description successfully with your example code, you can modify it to include the description in the send request.  As a workaround, you can send your description by including it in the send method.  Try this:

AuthorizeNet.Gateway gate = new AuthorizeNet.Gateway("***", "***", false);
AuthorizeNet.AuthorizationRequest req = new AuthorizeNet.AuthorizationRequest("***", "******", 0.01m, null, true);   
// req.Description properly contains value
AuthorizeNet.GatewayResponse resp = (AuthorizeNet.GatewayResponse)gate.Send(req, "TEST DESCRIPTION");

// resp.Description properly contains value

Hey ooshwa,

We recently released an updated version of the C# SDK. Can you download the latest version and then let us know if you're still seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Hi Michelle,

No sdk ver. 1.5 does not solve this issue.

Michelle, the update fixed the problem for me. Thank you.

As a suggestion, you might consider returning the ResponseReasonCode in the request.

Thanks for the help.

Hey ooshwa,

Thanks for the suggestion. I've passed it on to our development folk for their consideration.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager