cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Does SIM work with ARB? ***

Does SIM work with ARB?

Is there a code sample in classic ASP for SIM and ARB?

bcbean
4 REPLIES 4

Does SIM work with ARB?

No. Not unless you want to create the ARB thru the merchant account interface.

Is there a code sample in classic ASP for SIM and ARB?

Yes for SIM, no for ARB, but you can probably use the CIM, as they both use the XML request.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I would like to use SIM so I don't have to buy my own SSL cert.   Will SIM work with ARB if I don't store any data on my server?

If CIM is used, do I need my own SSL cert?

I would like to use SIM so I don't have to buy my own SSL cert.   Will SIM work with ARB if I don't store any data on my server?

Like I said before SIM and ARB are seperate API, not interchangeable.

But once a transaction is in the merchant account, you can use the information to create a ARB.

And no you don't need a SSL cert.

If CIM is used, do I need my own SSL cert?

My answer about CIM was for the sample code as you ask for ARB sample which there isn't any, but CIM is the same XML request.

And Yes to SSL cert for CIM. Unless you are doing hosted CIM, then it is recommend.

"But once a transaction is in the merchant account, you can use the information to create a ARB. And no you don't need a SSL cert."

The date of each monthly recurring charge would be different since the initial transaction dates are different.  Using SIM and relay response, I would only have the initial transaction ID in my database. 

Once a transaction is in the merchant account, how can I make an automated recurring charge using ARB?