cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echeck required fields

The echeck developer guide says the banking institution  (x_bank_name) is a required field. Can somebody confirm this for me because, it seems redundant as the routing number has the bank information in it. Also, the text entered by the user could be incorrect (ie: Bank of America, BOA, Bank of America Corp)

Is this really required?

Bill

martin1b
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey Bill,

You're right, it's a little redundant. But submitting the bank name is actually required by NACHA, so you need to be doing that for sure. 

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

View solution in original post

Michelle
All Star
3 REPLIES 3

Hey Bill,

You're right, it's a little redundant. But submitting the bank name is actually required by NACHA, so you need to be doing that for sure. 

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

According to this post, Bank Account Name is not mandatory... https://support.authorize.net/authkb/index?page=content&id=A671&actp=LIST

Are you sure that If the Bank Name isn't sent to Authorize.Net, Authorize isn't automatically converting the Routing Number to Bank Account before sending to transaction on?

I was just going to ask the same question when I found this post.

In my testing using the AIM method the bank name field is not required - transactions are approved even without sending the x_bank_name field.