cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error convention confusion

Hello,

I am trying to differentiate between Response and Transaction errors.

Are there cases when we do not have API Response errors but we have transaction errors or do they both ALWAYS trigger together? It seems the latter is the case which is bad news for me. I got error code 3, and reason 53 in the transaction error and some other error (E00027 maybe) for the api response error.

I was hoping to raise in terms of errors related to my integration/platform and do something other than raising errors where transaction itself fails.

brp
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @brp

Depending on the condition, you can get both and API Response and Reason Response Code. But the order of checking should always be API Resposne Code, then Response Reason Code.

For example:

• A successful transaction will always have an API Response Code indicating success.
  • A failed request to create a customer profile could have an API Response Code error telling you that the validation transaction failed and so the profile wasn't created then a reason response code that informs you as to the specifics of the failure

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

yes but then I will have to keep track of which errors break a system vs which one should prompt the customer to fix input etc?

Also, is it posisble to get a passing API response and a failing transaction?

EDIT: So basically I am looking to differentiate which errors are likely due to our system vs which one should be returned to the user.