cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "unanticipated error occurred" Errors in Test Mode

Hello,

I have been working on an integration using Authorize.NET for processing payments.  Last night at approximately 10 PM EST, both the SIM example code and my test application were procesisng payments without issue.  

Picking up my project today and deploying it to our test environment, I found that processing a payment produces this error - 

An unanticipated error occurred while processing this request. Please click your browser’s Back button to return to the previous page.

Running local produces the same result.  Since it was possible that I altered a value or have some other change that caused this issue, I went back to the SIM example (with code that I am certain was not edited) and found that this code also produces the same error. All of these requests are via forms posting to https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll.  

Not really sure where to look next with this.  Googling this error, I found a lot of people were getting this when there was an outage.  I don't suppose it would be something that easy, but is there a current outage?  

Any and all advice towards resolution is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jerry

gvl
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @gvl

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi Richard,

No I was able to resolve it - the issue was that I was performing a Response.Redirect in my relay URL.  For some reason, this did not work with the SIM configuration.  To resolve the issue, I am doing the redirect via javascript in the body onload function of the page.

Thanks,

JErry