cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is next billing date calculated?

Hi,

Can someone point me to documentation that outlines how Authorize.net calculates the next billing date for monthly ARBs? Specifically I am looking for documenation on how Auth.net handles monthly ARBs where the subscription date is on a day that does not exist in every month. For example how does Auth.net determine what day a customer should be billed on in Febuarary when the customer's ARB subscription date is 2014-01-30?

I found a thread created back in 2011 (here) where an admin stated the customer would be billed on the last day of the month in this situation but I was hoping to find something in the official documentation.

Thanks.

danpoland
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Hello danpoland,

The answer provided by Michelle back in 2011 is still accurate.  Billing will occur on the last day of the month if the date specified doesn't exist.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I found a couple places in the ARB Guide that mention if the StartDate is on the 31st for a monthly ARB the next billing cycle will be the last day of the month for months that do not have 31 days. I suppose it may be safe to assume that this is how it works for any StartDate that does not exist in a month.

View solution in original post

danpoland
3 REPLIES 3

Hello danpoland,

The answer provided by Michelle back in 2011 is still accurate.  Billing will occur on the last day of the month if the date specified doesn't exist.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I found a couple places in the ARB Guide that mention if the StartDate is on the 31st for a monthly ARB the next billing cycle will be the last day of the month for months that do not have 31 days. I suppose it may be safe to assume that this is how it works for any StartDate that does not exist in a month.

danpoland

Thanks!