cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IDTech developer swiper and accessing it without the SDK

Hello,

In looking at the SDK and the supplied example I am not seeing any code that handles powering up and down the IDTech card swiper.  The only code I find referenced is in the example ChargeCardActivity.java.  So does the SDK not control accessing the swiper?  It appears it is all handled with a DialogFragment.

I am pretty new to java, so please be patient with me.  Ultimately I need only the card swipe functionality to be in a class that can be referenced via a jar file from another application, so I don't want to use a full UI and SDK for processing the card.

Any pointers on how the card reader gets powered up and down, or an alternative to using DialogFragment?

Thank you in advance,

Debra

debzidoodle
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @debzidoodle 

You'll need the SDK for each device you will support in your application.  For IDTech, you can visit their FAQ page at http://www.idtechproducts.com/support/daq/unimag.html.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

The abpve link is no longer available, can you please update so we can find information about how the shuttle swipe can be integrated to the sample app. Thank you