cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing an existing customer database to CIM

Hello swesome DC friends,

I have a client not yet using Authorize,net who has an existing customer database of about 5000 clients.  They want to switch to Authorize.net and use CIM to process monthly payments.  Is there a way to import the entire customer database into CIM?  If so, what file format should I export into?  I am really hoping that this will not require the client to maunally reenter each customer manually.  

With much gratitude,

Trace

Dharma
3 REPLIES 3

There's a way to import transactions and ARB subscriptions, but I don't believe you can import CIM profiles, though I could be wrong. I'd personally just use the CIM API to create all the profiles one at a time and store any relevant info in your database. Technically a violation of the security rules, and you might get dinged a few extra dollars for a month or two if you get caught, but who really cares? Just make sure to properly delete the file when you're done with it. Or you could try ticketing from your account and see if Authorize.net tech support can help - this is one of the few things that they might actually help with.

TJPride
Expert

Thanks TJPride.  I appreciate your response.  Unfortunately, I was afraid there was not yet an easy solution.  Anyone else have any suggestions, hacks or workarounds?

With gratitude,

Trace

This solution is available with Authorize.net , you can easily import your customers' database containing millions of records in secure manner from one payment gateway to other.   Please contact Authorize.net Customer Care for it .

avanish412