cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Integrating Authorize.net DPM for international sales - address 2 and so on:

Since we will likely be getting at least some orders from foreign countries, Authorize.net's fields are insufficient. Specifically, not all address formats fall neatly into address, city, state, zip, and for that reason we prefer to have address2 as an option for customers who don't want to fill out city, state, zip. The only problem is that not only is address2 not included in the standard fields, but we are prohibited from adding a custom field and passing address2 that way. The PDF documentation says that doing that will get your account banned, which seems really stupid to me considering address line 2 is hardly going to allow anyone to exploit anything.

In any case... I spent quite some time writing Javascript to handle all the validation up front, as well as taking address 2 and slapping it onto the end of address 1. But what if someone doesn't have Javascript supported in their browser (like say, if they're using a cell phone with web browsing but not Javascript...) or have Javascript turned off? Address 2 will then be passed, and our account could get banned. Is there some threshold beyond which we're safe, like if only 1% or less of submissions have an address 2, or if we're showing good-faith implementation, or is it one violation and we're dead? This is a real concern, since my parents get a noticeable number of foreign orders. I need to know that we're safe or we're going to have to cancel and go to something like Paypal.

TJPride
Expert
1 REPLY 1

I called Authorize.net, they seem to think that it's not actually against the rules to pass address 2. I also called Cybersource, they say that not having the address fields passed properly (in the rare circumstance where that might happen under the above described system) isn't that likely to affect credit card rates.

TJPride
Expert