cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent SSL errors with AIM

Friday evening we started getting intermittent SSL errors when connecting to the API servers.  We use the active merchant library(http://activemerchant.org/) from ruby in two different apps and those both had the same issue.  About 1/11 connections that were attempted threw this error:

SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

This was consistent between both applications, and neither got any updates related to this on Friday.  What I've seen online is that people who previously got this error got it because some of the servers were not sending along the intermediate certificate.  That would be consistent with what I am seeing.  When I tested with ssl_strict=false this morning the errors stopped, but that is not a solution I want to depend on.

Any thoughts?

danielfarrell
14 REPLIES 14

A change was recently implemented that should correct this problem.  Please confirm that you you are no longer seeing an error on your sites.

Haven't seen the problem since about noon pacific time. Will keep watching. Thanks.

Last exception seen was at 1:30pm EDT today.  Everything seems to be working correctly now.  Thank you.

standev

This seems to be happening again. Timeline for a fix?

Yes this problem seems to be happening again