cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get the Customer Pay Method Profile ID using the Customer Profile ID?

From what I can tell from the sample code, GetCustomerPaymentProfile requires the customerPaymentProfileId and it is the customerPaymentProfileId that we need to get since it is not in our data.

From what I can tell from the sample code, it’s possible to have our web server serve up a web page with a form that will post to Authorize.net’s server with the customer’s card data thereby eliminating the card data from being returned to our server. However, we need a way to retrieve the newly created Payment Profile ID on our server and I have not seen any way to do that yet.

I would assume that the web page from our server, which contains the form that posts the raw card data to Authorize.net’s server, would need some sort of parameter with the URL of our web server so that Authorize.net’s server could post the Payment Profile ID back to our website.

Looking through CIM_XML_guide.pdf I saw descriptions of using an iFrame to display an Authiorize.net hosted web page where the card data could be entered and posted directly to Authorize.net’s server but I saw nothing that would allow our server to retrieve a newly created Payment Profile ID.

I can see that there are multiple methods for our web server to serve up a web page, with an already generated Customer Profile ID, and to have the raw card data with the Customer Profile ID posted directly to Authorize.net’s server.

How can our server can obtain the newly created Customer Payment Profile from the response from Authorize.net’s server resulting from the post with the raw card data?

Our website currently creates the customer and payment tokens but we need to move the sensitive card data off of our server.

I'm a vb.net developer but understand enough C# to get me by and can figure out other languages if needed.

Thanks in advance. david 

dmwuha1
15 REPLIES 15

Thanks Richard, I kept passing over that section in SIM_guide.pdf because I thought it only had to do with the Hosted Receipt Page and nothing to do with the relay response. Things are looking more promising! I'll keep you posted...

David

Richard,

So far so good! The only thing that I have not been able to test is CreateCustomerProfileFromATransaction because the (C# or VB) sample code is missing from http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles-create-a-customer-profile-... .

I did find AuthorizeNet.APICore.createCustomerProfileFromTransactionRequest() so I'll see what I can figure out in the morning and let you know the results.

I really appreciate the help!

david

Richard, you're the man! I just completed a successful test! Thank you for all your help!

david

Quick follow-up question...

Because the DPM form has the hash, sequence, and timestamp values generated at the time the page is loaded, is it safe to assume that the customer must submit the page within a certain amount of time? If so, how much time?

If so, then I'll look into adding a javascript countdown timer to the page to inform the user as to how much time they have to click the submit button and possibly have the web page reload. Our insurance agents are the ones that actually enter the card data and it is not unusual for them to get distracted away from the enrollment process to answer the phone so I want to make sure that they understand the time constraints.

david

" the fingerprint is more than 1 hour old or more than 15 minutes into the future, it is rejected."