Nocktis

Magento - Subscriptions - CIM

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on setting up subscription based products using a few different systems.  Here's what I'm working with:

Shopping Cart: Magento

Subscription Extension: Subscriptions and Recurring Payments by aheadWorks

link: http://ecommerce.aheadworks.com/extensions/featured/subscriptions-and-recurring-payments.html

Payment Gateway: Authorize.net with CIM

Has anyone used these three systems together and managed to get them to work?  I can get non-subscription products to go through just fine, however I'm running into a problem with the subscriptions and CIM.  Checking the logs after trying to purchase a subscription I'm getting the following error:

exception 'Mage_Checkout_Exception' with message 'Autorize.net[CreateCustomerProfileResult] responded error #E00014 'cardNumber is required.'

When checking out a error box is displayed that says: "There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later."  The customer does not see the "Order successful message", however I do see the transaction in the "unsettled" section of my Authorized.net account.

After speaking with someone through the live help they informed me that any error that starts with a "E" means the credit card number is not getting to CIM.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I've got support tickets in with aheadWorks but their support is rather disappointing to non-existent.

I'm hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction so I can go about getting this resolved.

Link to live site: http://www.wordenswineclub.com/store

Thank you for any help!

Skibur

Re: Magento - Subscriptions - CIM

I'm surprised to see nobody has responded after so long.  I'm in a similar position.  I sent you a private message.

Skibur

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 126

Magento specific questions are probably best asked in the Magento forums. That's where the Magento experts are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.
Nocktis

[ Edited ]

It has indeed been very difficult to get support for this situation.  The Magento developers tell me to post here since it's a hang up with Authorize.net, the Authorize.net developers tell me to post on Magento's boards since it's a Magento extension/shopping cart...

I've manage to find workarounds where possible.  In addition, the newest version of aheadworks subscription extension seem to have fixed some of the communication issues between Magento and Authorize.net.

I ended up going with configurable products in Magento and activating recurring billing in Authorize.net back-end when the subscription extension would not work.

So I guess this issue is "solved-ish".