cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CardPresentGateway issue

I have just started a new form in Visual Basic.  I have the Authorize.Net dll  as a reference and my

New CardPresentAuthorizationRequest is importing correctly.  However,  I am getting a error with the New CardPresentGateway which is suppose to take mulitple arguments. Overload failed is the error. Any ideas?

Thanks, Tim

TB
Contributor
15 REPLIES 15

I haven't moved forward yet and set up a test account.  But,  I am getting a response, so I know I'm closing in.  However,  in my response variable,  what is the 10.0 parameter for and where would I send the amount at?  Is that what the 10.0 that I am sending is? In the C# example it is 10.00M so I didn't know what that referred to.  I would have thought that would be in quotations.

Tim

TB
Contributor

Thanks you all for the help on this!  I went ahead and set up a test account and discovered he answer to my last post.  Thanks again!

Tim

TB
Contributor

New idea.  I notice that with New CardPresentAuthorizationRequest that I am submitting,  it is already awaiting Capture.

Can I add a param to it so it will just authorize it?  I am going to need to add gratuity.  Another post said that I can't add to the authorization unless it is under the amount.  The suggestion was to add a estimate that would be more than what was expected.  I don't really like that idea, so I need to autho then resubmit later with the new amount.  Possible??

Tim

TB
Contributor

Hello guys!  I'm back!!

This system I built for a program in VB works great!!

I am now adding credit transactions to a program in VB for a retail POS.  The only thing I have to add other than what I already have learned is refunding a credit transaction.  Can I use the New CardPresentAuthorizationRequest

process or is there a different command?  From what I could retrieve from the forums and site, I need to send the transaction #,  amount,  and credit card #.  The array would be different than what I am using for the initial capture which is just the amount,  cc#, and exp date. 

I am waiting on a test transaction to clear and test it,  but the array is wrong so I am sure it won't work.

Tim

TB
Contributor

Hello!!

I have successfully got a refund function working.  Thanks to the other posts!!!!

Tim

TB
Contributor

Hello again.

This is an old thread of mine and thought I would add here.

I am still using the  New CardPresentAuthorizationRequest. 

I have not signed up for an account so I am still using the sandbox.  These transactions are in Authorized/Pending Capture and Refund/Pending Settlement.  Does my software still have to capture these?

Should it be done in the same transaction or if it needs to be submitted is a batch the best way.  I would rather not need to send a batch afterward.

Thanks!

Tim

TB
Contributor