ITLService

New authorization after expiration

Hi,

I have a question about getting a new authorization code if the old one expires.

(tried to find a solution in Dev Center, but nothing found)

I have used the Authorize Only transaction type (AIM) to get a valid transaction id and authorization code which is stored to the related order (future shipping and settlement). In case the the authorization expires after 30 days what i have to do to get a new one?

Do I need the credit card number again or is it possible to send the old auth# or trans# to get a new one?

I'm asking because we don't want to store sensitive cardholder information to the order, but i looks like we have to.

thx in advance,

mark

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 126

Re: New authorization after expiration

If the previous AUTH_ONLY expires you will need the credit card information again to submit a new AUTH_ONLY. Previous new authorization numbers cannot be used to generate a new authorization number.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.
ITLService

Re: New authorization after expiration

Thank you very much for the quick response.