cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relay Response and hosted receipt questions

I'm new to Authorize.Net and somewhat confused about a couple of related options.

We've got a custom shopping cart on our site so I grabbed the Authorize.Net SDK and it looked like I wanted the DPM integration method because all of the "shopping" can be done on our site and then simply pass the final payment information off to Authorize.Net for security.

I'm looking at the Merchant Profile page under receipt options which says "The following sections allow you to configure your Receipt Page. The Receipt Page is served up by the gateway as a response to a transaction-processing request."  That sounds like a quick and easy way to get started.

So I set x_relay_response = false and expected to see some kind of "receipt" although I can't find any documentation showing what that would look like. But I don't get a receipt at all. I just get back a comma-delimited string containing the transaction response.

How do I get the "Default Receipt" page to appear?

rstoeber
5 REPLIES 5

Can you list the fieldnames that you post to authorize.net, you might not be passing the right fields, and authorize.net think you are using AIM.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

$sim = new AuthorizeNetSIM_Form(
array(
'x_amount' => $amount,
'x_fp_sequence' => $fp_sequence,
'x_fp_hash' => $fp,
'x_fp_timestamp' => $time,
'x_login' => $api_login_id,
)
);

I was also just tying both true and false on the following, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

<input type="hidden" name="x_delim_data" value="false">

can you look at the page source when you run it on the web broswer? I think the SDKs for DPM/SIM expect to use relay response, and doesn't work if it not.

For something simple like DPM/SIM, you could try the sample code.

In a browser the hidden fields look like this:

<input type="hidden" name="x_test_request" value="true">
<input type="hidden" name="x_amount" value="5.99">
<input type="hidden" name="x_delim_data" value="TRUE">
<input type="hidden" name="x_fp_hash" value="fe8ceeb9e4d207748d08b71911dd6416">
<input type="hidden" name="x_fp_sequence" value="1403907491">
<input type="hidden" name="x_fp_timestamp" value="1403907491">
<input type="hidden" name="x_login" value="7GpEU2b3qu9">
<input type="hidden" name="x_relay_response" value="FALSE">
<input type="hidden" name="x_version" value="3.1">
<input type="hidden" name="x_delim_char" value=",">

And that works, except that it only returns the result as a comma delimited string. I was expecting a receipt page of some kind. Are you saying that doesn't work?

It's my understanding (could be wrong) that the relay response requires at least one, and maybe two, publicly accessible URLs. Is that true? If so, I can't use that so what's the other option?