cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing ARB functionality with CIM

I am developing a vb.net app that will use the CIM module to store card data, and later charge it based on a payment schedule.  I decided to use CIM instead of ARB because it seemed easier to work with, considering the payment amount and schedule might change.  I will have a local process that runs scheduled charges automatically.

My question for the forum: is this a good idea?  Are there pitfalls that may throw a wrench into this system?

It is implied that CIM data is stored indefinately, unless you send the command to delete it... is this true?

Thanks in advance...

-John Holm

Minneapolis, MN

johnnyreub
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Based on the criteria you've laid out I'd say this is a good idea. The variable payment amount and payment date would make using ARB less then an ideal choice but CIM could handle that easily when combined with your own scheduler.

And CIM will store data until you indefinitely delete the profile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
6 REPLIES 6

Based on the criteria you've laid out I'd say this is a good idea. The variable payment amount and payment date would make using ARB less then an ideal choice but CIM could handle that easily when combined with your own scheduler.

And CIM will store data until you indefinitely delete the profile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

stymiee
Expert
Expert

Please help me I am looking forward to bill my client when usage is >= $50 how I will using the CIM. I am capturing all the usage and I am confused about how I will call the CIM profile .Do i need a scheduler as I am using PHP can I do through the PHP 

interme

Hi ajitdash,

You can use Customer Information Manager (CIM) to charge any amount once you created a profile for your customer. The language you are using doesn't matter as long as you follow the documentation for the CIM API.

Thanks,

Joy

Hi All!

I want to sell membership plans on my website.   I need to implement recurring payment with Installments. E.g. we have a plan of $199 per 6 months and these $199 can be paid in 6 installments  ($33-$33-$33-$33-$33-$34)

Thanks in advance

Ashwani

ashwani

What have you tried?

With CIM, you'd create a customer profile and customer payment profile. You'd then set up a script to run automatically every morning, probably just before the Authorize.net batch process, that checks who's come due, generates a charge against their profile, then records the result in your database. This gives you total control, since you can vary the period, charge amount, or whatever as necessary. There's also less security exposure, since you can use Authorize.net's hosted CIM popups for the credit card data, as opposed to having it pass through your server like with AIM / ARB. If you care about that sort of thing, anyway.