cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM Silent Post URL works intermittently as of 2014/08/08

Our server recently stopped reliably processing authorize.net's SIM responses at its Silent Post URL. We haven't changed anything. Was there some sort of change on authorize.net's side on August 8th?

4 orders were marked Confirmed.

12 orders were left Pending.

So it works properly 25% of the time. And fails 75% of the time.

Thanks for your help,

judson

peacock45
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @peacock45 

If you are having problems with your production account, I suggest you contact customer service and provide them as much technical detail as possible.

Are you able to duplicate this in the sandbox?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

After showing the access logs to our hosting provider's support team (inmotion hosting), it turns out that Authorize.net's POSTs are being denied because a security rule was recently put into place requiring a User Agent be used when accessing the website. And authorize.net isn't using a user agent for the Silent Post.

Hi,

We are experiencing similar issues wherein the POST variables are not being received via the Relay Response. But we have not made any code changes or server side configuration. 

Have you been able to fix the issue?

Thanks

Kshitij

Hi, Kahuja,

Ours was caused by our hosting provider changing security rules on us without asking. So while ours has been resolved, yours sounds like it might be a different issue.

We could see a definite difference in the apache access logs between authorize.net's POSTs before and after. You might check your access logs to to find a clue.

In apache logs, I do not see the POST to our relay-response url from authorize.net after a July date when the process apparently broke down.

We haven't changed anything either on server or in code.

Hello @kahuja 

Are you able to duplicate this problem in the sandbox?

Richard

Sorry Richard,

I had a ticket open with support and was under impression that it will be resolved quickly; I was wrong.

I just tried the same code in a sandbox  with API login from http://sandbox.authorize.net and switching the test mode to "true". When I post the payment to hosted payment page, I get the error:

(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Could this be an inactive account? Can you help?

Kshitij

Richard and everyone else,

I have created a new thread for the issue we are experiencing since it appears to be different from others given that our server, network, or code was not modified.

Here is the link to the thread. Please go through it so you will know more about the problem we are facing.

Thanks

Kshitij

Richard,

I tested on Sandbox; the same error message persists.

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.