cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM method but 33 credit card error

I am using sandbox while my authorize.net is set-up.  I grabbed the sample code and webpages which worked great.

Then I started modifying the code and then received the 33 missing credit card error.

What would typically cause this 33 error on SIM?

Thanx.

frodo
2 REPLIES 2

Here is the exact error message.

Response Reason Code: 33

Response Reason Text: FIELD cannot be left blank.

Integration Team Suggestions: The FIELD is set as Required in the Merchant Interface and the FIELD is not being sent to the gateway. To change the FIELD value to NOT REQUIRED: Login to the Merchant Interface ( https://secure.authorize.net ), click on Settings and Profile -> Payment Form -> Form Fields and uncheck the Required box for the particular FIELD.

Other Suggestions: The word FIELD will be replaced by an actual field name. This error indicates that a field the merchant specified as required was not filled in.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hi RichardH.  Thanks for responding.

I fixed it by starting from scratch and re-using the sample code.  I am using the sandbox and I made no adjustment to the sandbox profile.

I'm sure it was a coding error but still don't know what line was causing the problem.

Hopefully, once I receive my real authorize.net merchant account and I upload my current code, I won't receive the 33 error.