cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Payment Profile associated with 2 merchants

Is it possible to have one payment profile associated with two different merchants? Each merchant would have its API Login Id and its Transaction Key. The reason I am asking this question is because our client has two subdivisions that have individual accounting departments and they would like to be able to be able to perform payments from the same system that will then be reconciled in each corresponding merchant account. Of course, one option would be to have each customer create two payment profiles, one for each merchant, but they would like to shield the customers from the fact that underneath, there are two different entities that will generate charges. So my question is what's going to happen if I submit a transaction with a payment profile id and API Login Key and Transaction Key different than the ones used when the payment profile was created?

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, can't shared customer profile on different merchant account.

If you are not using the Hosted CIM, you can just create a customer profile on each merchant account.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

No, can't shared customer profile on different merchant account.

If you are not using the Hosted CIM, you can just create a customer profile on each merchant account.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank you for the clarification. I kind of expected, but just wanted a confirmation before I convey the message to the client. We are going to use Hosted Forms when creating the Payment Profiles, so creating two payment profiles for two different merchants would require the customers to go through the same process twice and that is something that our client does not want to do.

Thanks again,

Eddie