cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating AIM response reason codes for testing

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to trigger a specific response reason code for testing purposes.

I found:

http://www.authorize.net/resources/files/ErrorGenerationGuide.pdf

but it doesn't seem to discuse response reason codes in general.

I'm trying to trigger an error response with a response_reason_code of 289 so that I can check and make a fallback AIM call if I need to.

Is there ANY way to do this?

Thanks,

shkkmo
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

Testing to Generate Specific Transaction Results
When testing transaction results in the developer test environment as well as the production environment, you can produce a specific response reason code by submitting a test transaction that uses a test credit card number designed to generate specific transaction results: this is Visa test credit card number “4222222222222.” This card number is intended for testing and should only be used for that purpose. Submit the test transaction either by placing the account in Test Mode, or submitting x_test_request=TRUE, with a dollar amount equal to the response reason code you would like to produce.
For example, to test the AVS response reason code number 27, submit the test transaction with the credit card number “4222222222222” and the amount “27.00.”
To test the AVS or CCV responses in the live environment, submit live transactions with the correct street address, ZIP Code and Card Code information to generate successful responses, and incorrect street address, ZIP Code and Card Code information to generate other responses. You can void successful transactions immediately to prevent live test transactions from being processed. You can do it quickly on the Unsettled Transactions page of the Merchant Interface. It is not possible to test the AVS or CCV responses in the developer test environment. For more information about AVS, see the Merchant Integration Guide at http://www.authorize.net/support/merchant/.
For more information about response reason codes, see Transaction Response of this guide.
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Not really following here , how to simulate error conditions on a test environment ? I am just looking at simulate a Decline/Error response , so i can handle the response on merchant side. Is there a link , where i could look this up. I just see the $27.00 for 27 AVS error code.

Please post a link , i can't find it.