cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split payment to two merchant accounts

When a payment is processed on my site, I need to be able to send a certain percentage of the payment to one merchant account and the rest to another.  

Is it possible to process the payment using the standard API code and just plug in the transaction key and username for one amount, and then immediately change the key and name and submit a payment for the other amount?

Or, is there a way to use the Auth.net gateway to automatically send one amount to one Auth.net account and then the rest to another?

Initially I thought doing two transactions was the best way, but I understand this MAY not be allowed even though I present the user with a clear explanation of how the charges take place and the amounts.   This is basically how ATM's do it isn't it?

Any suggestions out there?

bbussell45
2 REPLIES 2

Hello bbussell45,

Authorize.Net does not support splitting payments between multiple merchant accounts.  Instead, I would recommend contacting your financial institution to learn what they offer.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thank you for the reply.  Have you heard of creating two transactions in the software and then using variables to swap merchant API credentials for each charge?