cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'String' datatype maxLength

Hello,

I am making a request using createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest, and getting the following error response for one of my lineItems:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ErrorResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd"><messages><resultCode>Error</resultCode><message><code>E00003</code><text>The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:name' element is invalid - The value '<the name of my line item goes here>' is invalid according to its datatype 'String' - The actual length is greater than the MaxLength value.</text></message></messages></ErrorResponse>

The line item name that I'm trying to send is 36 characters.

I apologize if I'm missing something somewhere, but I cannot find anywhere (in documentation, or in the WSDLs) that shows what the maxLength value is.  Also, it seems like 36 characters should be fine for a string.

So, does anyone know what that length is, or where I can find it?

Thanks,

Josh

joshjryan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On page 35 of the CIM Guide it says, "Up to 31 characters". If you shorten yours just a little bit it looks like it should go through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

stymiee
Expert
Expert
10 REPLIES 10

On page 35 of the CIM Guide it says, "Up to 31 characters". If you shorten yours just a little bit it looks like it should go through.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thank you.  I can't believe I missed that.

Maximum length is upto 31 character. right.

But My product name is of 36 character.

there may not be any limitation of character when we add a product to database.

suppose my product name charachers exceeds 31 character. and still i want to my payment trasaction be successfull.

No error like "Actual length is greater than maximum length" should come.

Please anybody answer this..

truncate or substring the product name

or

don't use lineitem

thanq

Dear,

How / where  to see All Sandbox transaction histrory after sandbox login

on the left side under search

I ordered product today. and i m using authorize.net gateway. where i can see todays trasaction or transaction for recent order.

I logged into merchant account and go to report section . There todays date is not showing.previous date is showing.follow below screen shot

i also want to know difference between settled transaction and unsettled transaction. when and how a transaction is settled.

Can u help me ??

http://www.authorize.net/resources/howitworksdiagram/

Settlement run once a day. check the merchant account settings for the time it will run.