cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submitting Split Tender Transactions

When submitting a second, third, fourth, etc, payment for a split tendered transaction, are we to submit the split tender ID returned from the first split tendered payment for every subsequent payment? Or do we use the split tender ID returned from the previous split tender transaction (i.e. for the third payment we use the splint tendered id returned for the second payment)?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert
5 REPLIES 5

Is there a max # of payment? Are we allow to limit to 2 credit/debit/prepaid/gift cards per order?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

stymiee, I was also wondering the same thing, then noticed in the API Updates file, in the notes, next to SplitTenderID, that it says "This is returned in the reply message for the first transaction that receives a partial authorization. Send this value to link related transactions; it is echoed back in the return string." That leads me to believe that you use the id from the first transaction for all other related transactions. I have a feeling that the SplitTenderID that is returned from the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc transactions (if a SplitTenderID is even returned for these) will be the same as the first, but we can't tell for sure since we won't have a way to test.

RaynorC1emen7, based on the requirements, it sounds to me that if someone wanted to use three $20 prepaid debit cards to pay for a $50 order, then you need to be able to take those three forms of payment. Approving the first $20 card but then rejecting the second $20 card since it doesn't cover the $30 balance seems as though it would go against the new requirements.

Joe
Contributor

Joe, that is how I interpreted it as well.

As for RaynorC1emen7's question I currently have my implementation allowing for a virtually indefinite number of payment methods to be used. So in your example when the second card is used the remaining balance for  that purchase would be $10 and a third form of payment would need to be used. I didn't see anything in the announcement that limits the transaction to two forms of payment. But if I missed something definitely let me know before I go and break someone's website. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

Hey all,

The split tender ID is generated on the first transaction where a partially approved amount is approved, and is used to tie all subsequent transactions together. You must pass it in with any transactions that are a part of the split tender order. If you don't, then the payment gateway will treat that transaction as any other one. And yes, if you pass the split tender ID in in the request, it should be returned in the transaction's response.

Also, there is no maximum amount of split tender transactions at this time. Once we support partial auths with each processor, you will be able to test that functionality on the test server, but unfortunately, not prior. :smileyindifferent:

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I am using CIM sample code Approach but didn't  find  split_tender_id for multiple capture in response  .

In response I got   "transaction id" , "aproval code", "card type" "CC" .

I passed parameter are as follows to get reponse:

1) Login_Id

2) Transaction_Key

3) profile_id

4) payment_ profile_id

5) amount

6) order_invoiceNumber

please let me know if extraoptions like "x_allow_partial_auth=TRUE" is necessary to get split_tender_id 

and to pass extraoptions  as parameter Am i need to use "CreateCustomerProfileTransactionResponseType" class?