cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are getting an error upon checkout.

Please help! (I know I'm not supposed to start with that, but I really need assistance. We've been BATTLING with this for over a month!)

We have SEVERAL places which process Authorize.net transactions, and none of them have really worked for a while. We didn't change the code, though the code's been working fine for three years prior to the day in early September where we started getting this error upon checkout:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

We don't know what the problem is, and we don't think Authorize does either. We've read a bunch of fixes online, but none seem to address our concern.

Let's say, for example, someone goes to this page:

http://www.dor.org/index.cfm/evangelization-catechesis/sacraments/marriage/online-precana/ (we're in the middle of a redesign)

When they complete the form, they'll be taken to an Authorize page with a bunch of variables being passed in:

https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

When they complete the transaction, they get the error. The payment goes through, but the file on our server we instructed to open does not open. We don't know why. IT's NOT an error in the code. It was working fine for three years. Also, directing to any other piece of code (even an HTML document) or another webpage breaks the system. Why?

Our web host seems convniced it's because we need to upgrade ColdFusion. We're trying that, but it's going to take a week. Authorize.net thinks this isn't the case, and keeps saying "talk to your web developer". Well, I'M the web developer, and I, nor any other developer I spoke to, knows what's going on here.

Can you please help us??? Please?

Thanks,

Brendan

bparker
Contributor
4 REPLIES 4

I'll also note that we've spent several hours over several days over several weeks trying to fix this. We're exhausted and burned out, and quite upset with Authorize for not knowing their product well enough to help us with a solution.

It can't be a timeout, we're told, because it doesn't wait 10 seconds and then occur. It's instant.

It also can't be an API or SSL issue, since we're using neither to process this.

Authorize has given me a bunch of different explanations for why this could be happening, including the two above that you provided. Could it be anything else?

Could be a anything. For testing, can you change the relay response url to post to a simple html page?

Hello @bparker

I would also check your firewall rules to ensure you accept traffic from our servers: 198.241.168.60 or 

You may also wish to use the contact us form and send your relay response URL for us to examine.

Richard