cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What payment methods does getCustomerPaymentProfileResponse give?

The real question is, does the  getCustomerPaymentProfileResponse api call return expired cards?

astramer
5 REPLIES 5

Yes. It return whatever is saved for the paymentprofileid.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

So there isn't an easy way to present the customer with only their VALID cards?

No. But don't they want to update the exp date if it expired?

You can call auth_only/void transaction on each paymentprofileid before present it to the customer, but there will be fee on each auth_only transaction.

Hai All,

I am new to CIM API, I am planning to implement to my applicatin. So what are the steps I need to take ? I have already dwonloaded the sample code / api and Authorize.Net Developer Test Account, I am going to use php langauage for the development. 

Can any one guide me to start.. 

dev2manage

Well, the charging part is fairly straightforward. Look for a file called CIM.markdown in the doc folder in your SDK, it has plenty of sample code. Using the hosted CIM form for payment profiles is a good deal more complicated to wrap your brain around, though. You basically call the function for getting a token (getHostedProfilePageRequest(), which may or may not be in the API yet), you insert all the header stuff, Javascript, footer form / divs, the popup pops up for the user, they enter their credit card info, they hit save, then the Javascript handler triggers (AuthorizeNetPopup.options.onPopupClosed in the popup example code) and refreshes your page, assuming you have it set up for that. You have to then have the page check the customer profile for created billing profiles, and if one exists, you're good to go and can move on to charging.

Basically, it would take a long time to fully explain how to do it.