cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Support in AIM API at new URL

So many initialisms. :)

Anyway, I received an email from Authorize.net saying that the old XML API server's IP address was being retired, and that I should switch over to the new URL (secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll). However, when I did so, I found that the server returns a blank response when I submit transaction info via XML. Should I take this to mean that the old XML API is being retired as well, or is there some other change that is preventing my old code from working?

Further info: The code in use is based on the Authorize.net sample XML PHP code, which would have been current as of December 2011. It's been running problem-free since then using the old URL (api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api).

RyanNovak
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are using a URL as opposed to a specific IP address, you don't need to do anything.

Richard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi RyanNovak,

The XML interface is not changing, only the location. We always recommend connecting by URL, as the IP address can potentially change without warning.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I do connect via the URL (api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api). Is the URL itself being phased out, or just the IP address it's currently using? I guess the appropriate question is: do I actually have to do anything?

If you are using a URL as opposed to a specific IP address, you don't need to do anything.

Richard

Excellent, thanks for the info!