bbulusu

need help for credit card validation

Hi, I have created a test account in SIM. I just need API to validate a dummy credit card number. How do I get started. Its all so confusing.

Thanks,

Bhargava

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 126

Re: need help for credit card validation

What do you mean by validate? Do you mean you want to see if there are funds on the card for the purchase? Do you want to make sure it is a real account only without charging the card? Do you want to verify the card number is not made up?

Either way SIM is not the right way to go about it. You would want to use AIM. Then you can do a pre-authorization on a credit card to see if the funds are available on a credit card by doing an AUTH_ONLY for the amounht to be charged. You then have up to 30 days to capture those funds. You can do an AUTH_ONLY for $0.00 to see if a credit card is legitimate without actually charging the card or holding any of the cardholder's funds in reserve. To see if a fake credit card is being used you can use the Luhn Algorithm. Then if it passes, you can do an AUTH_ONLY for $0.00.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.
sorathia

Is doing an AUTH_ONLY of $0.00 fine?  I heard some credit cards (VISA) require it to be $0.01.  Could you please tell me the exact amount?

stymiee
Topics: 17
Kudos: 70
Solutions: 126

Visa requires the amount to be $0.00 but not all processors support this yet. You'll need to contact your merchant account provider to find out if they support it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Integrate Every Authorize.Net XML API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

The Handling Online Payments With Authorize.Net and PHP Series
Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - The Validating Credit Card Series
Credit Card Numbers | Expiration Dates | CVV Numbers

My Blog posts for Authorize.Net - Other Topics
Notifying Users Their Credit Card Is About to Expire Without PCI Compliance Issues
Precision Math with PHP
HTTP Headers to Help Secure Your Website

Please don't ask me questions via private message or email. They will be ignored.
Use the forums. That's what they are here for.